I am secretly a nervous wreck everytime my friends come over. There were countless times when they have rocked up, and I end up having an awkward moment serving the wrong food & drinks (pumpkin soup anyone?), or have nothing prepared at all. I was always flustered on how I looked or what I wore, that I stressed more than to enjoy the company. Were you at all like me? Overtime, (besides giving less of a
fuck with my outfits) I gathered a couple of simple & quick ways to entertain friends while over.
Just last Wednesday, I had my bridesmaids come over to try on their dresses. It was a much needed catch up since coming back from our trip. I know the girls prefer to snack, drink & chat, rather than eat a proper dinner, so I prepared a simple fruit platter that consisted of sliced apples, watermelon, strawberries & kiwi. These were the fruits I used for the Red & White Sangrias as well, so that was hitting 3 birds with 1 stone. There were also cheese & charcuterie which consisted of hot salami, a small serving of pasta in pesto dressing & olives in chilli oil. The girls also brought over some snacks like Pringles, Tim Tams etc which added to the variety. Overall, I’m proud to say, I think I did alright hosting this mini soirée 😛
[If you are wondering what this is, it’s ice cubes but with raspberries in it to add a bit of fun & colour!]
I’d like to know what you like to serve for your friends that’s simple to make, easy to eat &
Here is a recap of my Sangria recipe!
Red Sangria: Always so quick & easy to prepare, because really it’s just a jumble of cheap red, soda, fruits & sugar (optional) There is no ‘right’ mix to it, you can simply add whatever else you like in there.
Mine goes like this.
1. Bottle of Red (My choice would be Cab Sav, Pinot Noir, Sweet Red)
2. Chopped up fruits – 1x small apple, 1x lemon, lots of strawberries/raspberries, peach slices.
3. 2/3 cup of sugar for those who like it sweet (optional)
4. Leave an hour to overnight in fridge
5. Right before serving, top up with Soda Water or Lemonade & ice cubes
1. Bottle of White (My Choice would be Chardonnay or Sav Blanc)
2. Squeezed Orange & Lemon Juice (1 of each)
3. 2/3 cup of sugar (optional)
4. 1x Kiwi, 1x Lemon slices, 1x Orange slice for looks
5. Right before serving, top up with Lemonade, Soda or Ginger Ale & ice cubes!
We had a total of 7 girls & these 2 jugs were surprisingly more than enough!